I feel like once you get to a certain age, the older you get, the less exciting your birthdays are. Until you get to a certain age, where each birthday is so excited because you are still alive. Like a curve graph of some sort. Which is probably the official name for that. Anyway.
Twenty six is kind of a boring age. Mid twenties. I think I'll pick twenty five as my age to say I am forever. But my birthday was really fun. I loved being in Kansas to celebrate with my favorite people. Here's how my day went down.
1. Breakfast at First Watch with my parents. Deliciously amazing. When I was little, my dad used to take me out for breakfast on my birthday. We haven't done it for years and it was a blast to do it again. Also, my mom made me Funfetti cupcakes, my birthday cake of choice for the last 23 years. Boom.
2. I went to the grocery store and unpacked our apartment. I have no photo evidence of this.
3. I went to the plaza with Kerry and Cara. It was epic. We started out with some shopping and then stopped at McCormick and Schmick's for their happy hour. Seriously delicious.
4. Then we raided the underwear sale at the Gap. Awesome. Then more shopping. Are you seeing a trend here?
5. After work, Caleb drove up and met us and we decided to to to the cheesecake factory for more eating. Since happy hour was two long hours ago. I choose the Cheesecake Factory like every other year for my birthday. Because I'm boring and also because cheesecake is one of the best foods on this planet.
We all order the same thing: chicken bellagio. But we shared it. Because I'm on a diet people. Obv.
Now it's cheesecake time. Lemon raspberry for me please. This was my wedding cake. You think I'm kidding, but really it was.
Eating, shopping, eating, shopping, eating. A good day.
Oh twenty six. I can't wait to see what you have in store!