So this morning I have a confession to make. I like to eat. (Shocker, I know.) And I like to cook. Probably my favorite time to cook is the summer because of all the fresh food. It feels like less work because you just take already delicious fresh foods and put them together to make something really yummy. So I have some pics and links to recipes to share!
1. Strawberry Cream Cheese Muffins
|Local grown strawberries from a stand on the side of the road: the best ever!|
2. Frittata: apple chicken sausage, new potatoes, spinach, onion, parm cheese, and eggs
|Happy breakfast to me|
3. Margarita pizza: any pizza crust you like (but make it thin!), rub with olive oil and garlic, fresh mozzarella cheese, homegrown tomatoes, and fresh basil
|Best summer dinner.|
4. Watermelon margaritas
|Made from the best watermelon I've had in a long time|
5. Peach cobbler: I made this a few weeks ago and Caleb didn't eat any of it. Then I came home from work one day and half of it was gone. He said it was one of the best things I've ever made. Score.
|I made another one for 4th of July and ate the last bit of it for breakfast this morning.|
1. Corn Chowder: so, so, so good. Who doesn't like fresh corn and bacon?
2. Spicy Pasta Salad: Caleb ate this for lunch for like a week and loved it
3. Zucchini Bread: I put in walnuts, cranberries, and chocolate chips. Good stuff.
And finally, a pic of my friend Stephanie with the best peach tea ever.
|At this cute little cafe called The Courtyard. I'm pretty sure I drink at least a gallon of this tea when we go there.|
|And they have amazing food. Homemade strawberry dressing=perfection.|