Thursday, September 16, 2010

Home Improvement, Part 1





So I've been wanting to put up pictures of our place but I wanted to do it when everything was perfect and decorated and organized. That is happening slowly so I decided to put up what was done: the bathrooms. Thats right, the only rooms in my apartment that are complete are the bathrooms. I work a lot, ok?

So here it is. The rooms that are done.

First up, guest bath. Note the cool sinks and mirrors in both bathrooms.
I'm getting obsessed with candles, I think they are very "fall-y." Also, I'm in love with this shower curtain. 

I put an inspiration quote plaque across from the toilet. So you can be inspired while you...sit. It actually looks better in real life than it does in this picture.


Next, master bath.
There is a clock. Because I have my morning routine down to the minute.

I cleaned the shower for these pictures. Just so you know.

I did have to buy this adorable little storage system because this bathroom is seriously lacking drawers. And if you have ever lived with me, you know I have massive amounts of lotions, hair products, make up, ect.

I've also put together various pieces of furniture. 
This bookshelf probably took me 5 hours. Not even kidding. 

We also put together a desk and matching file cabinet. Which I will post pictures of when I get our cute little office nook put together the way I want. I'm actually really tired of putting together furniture.

I'm trying to be cute and creative and use things that I already have instead of buying new things. So I took all my fun cloth napkins and put them in this cute glass pumpkin. (Fall! Yay!)
Now all I need is some candles for those holders...

I also bought these curtains for the living room. I'm not sure how I feel about them and even more, the curtain rods. Opinions, please. I actually think they will look better when its dark outside. Or even just when the sun isn't shining directly on them.
I like the red. I think it looks good with the dark wood and brick wall.

So that's about it for our apartment right now. More to come, don't you worry. Because I'm sure you were.

Next item of business: these amazing apple dumplings. Here is the story. Last week, I made all these dinners that had hidden vegetables in them. My husband was not happy. So I decided to make it up to him this week with things like steak and chicken and pasta and mashed potatoes. And these awesome easy little apple dumplings. You should make them this weekend. Seriously.
Does that not look delicious or what?


They involved crescent rolls from the tube, apples, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and whipped cream. And the secret ingredient, Mountain Dew. Warning: these are not for skinny people. And note to my bff Kerry, yes I did make the whipped cream myself. With some heavy cream that was hanging out in my fridge. (Note: skinny people do not keep heavy cream in their fridge.)
Here is the link to for life-changing apple dumplings. They take like 10 minutes to make and are really really really good.
I finished them off for breakfast this morning. Right before I did my Jillian Michaels workout video. Balance is what I'm looking for.

Last but not least, a good quality picture of me after I burned my lips on jalapeno. I made this awesome dip, licked my lips, and lived in torture for the next hour.
Ouch. 






























Alright, I'm off to a 3 day work weekend. Which I'm sure my hub won't mind a bit since Halo Reach arrived at our house yesterday. (Thanks Mathew Lewis.) Have a beautiful weekend and make yourself some apple dumplings!

1 comment:

  1. i love your shower curtain! r really hope we can visit sometime soon...your decor looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete