Monday, June 27, 2011

Baby Jax

These pics are a few days late, as baby Jax was born on June 20th.  He is a good sized little guy, weighing in at almost 9lbs when he was born!

Look at his sweet peach fuzz and round little cheeks!

Sorry those photos needed some serious editing. I am not good with the backlight. But holding a brand new bambino is the best! Look at Caleb's sweet smile...awww.

With his dad, Ben

Look at them! Crystal is a total rock star for sure. Those wee little ones make my womb ache. But then I took them some food after their first night at home. And my womb stopped aching after I heard about the long night.

In other, not important news, I had a good work weekend. My patients were adorable. Except for this one guy who drove me nuts. He was still adorable, just crazy. He finally zonked out for a few hours on Sunday afternoon and then woke up crazier then ever. This is how our convo went down at 6:30pm:

Patient: "I need to go meet my brother outside for a cigarette."
Me: "Nope, you can't go outside, you are too sick. Plus, your brother was here this morning and knows you can't go out to meet him."
Patient.: "You can't keep me locked up in here. I'm going to put my clothes on and go smoke a cigarette."
Me: "You have two options: sit in your chair or lay in your bed."
Patient: "I'm leaving to smoke a cigarette."
Me: "Listen. I am the boss and you are not. If you go out to smoke a cigarette with your oxygen on, you will blow up and die. If you go to smoke a cigarette without your oxygen on, you will probably die before you get outside because of lack of oxygen. I don't want you to die tonight because I want to go home soon."
Patient: mean glare


I love nursing. It is so full of hilarious things that other people cannot picture happening.

Now I'm off to do my wifely duty of folding laundry and making dinner...Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment