Last week when my man was gone on his "business" trip, I made this awesome chicken salad. I've never made chicken salad before so I looked up a bunch of recipes and picked the stuff that I love in chicken salad. It turned out pretty good and I want to remember how I made it. And share it with you because it will make your Wednesday happier!
Yummy Chicken Salad Serves 4-5
- Two boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I baked them for 40 min with olive oil and s&p)
-1/2 cup fat free mayo
-1/2 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
-1/4 cup diced celery
-1/4 cup diced onion (ok, a small 1/4 cup)
-handful of dried cranberries
-handful of pecan pieces
-squirt of lemon juice
-squirt of honey
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the mayo, greek yogurt, honey, lemon, and s&p together.
2. Mix chicken, onion, celery, cranberries, and pecan pieces into the dressing.
3. Taste it. Add extra stuff if you need some more.
4. Enjoy life. Because it is better now.
When I took it to work, I ate it on a toasted sesame seed bagel. And it was Uh-Mazing. At home, I ate it on toasted wheat bread with a good handful of baby spinach. And it was really good. You could actually just eat it out of the bowl you mixed it in and your life would be complete.
|Oh hello delicious chicken salad.|