1. You have someone to put your cold feet up against in bed at night. Now your feet are warm.
2. Instead of doing all the hated household chores yourself, you can delegate them. He takes out the trash, I do the laundry. Win win win.
3. When you make bad jokes or quote lines from movies, someone always laughs.
4. You have someone to take you to the ER after burning yourself while cooking. But not before rolling his eyes that you would do something like that.
5. You get someone to celebrate things with. Like birthdays, paying off student loans, getting through a bad day.
6. You have someone to tell you how awesome you are and how you have the best ideas and that you should be getting paid at least twice as much.
7. Also, you have someone to tell you that your idea was dumb and you need to make a different decision because that one was just really bad. Ouch. Reality check. Have you ever watched an after school special. Come on, you know that's not going to work. (Real words, from my man.)
8. You have someone will to try all your new kitchen adventures. Someone with blatant honesty.
9. You have someone to pray for you and with you. Like when I was in the ER screaming about my pain being 10/10. Or before I'm about to serve something with a vegetable hidden in it.
10. Freedom. I fee like there is a freedom in marriage that wasn't in dating. Like I don't have to spend every waking moment with this man, we get to hang out with other people sometimes and that's ok. We get to have our own jobs and do our own thing sometimes. Because at the end of the day, we are going to be in the same house, in the same bed, in the same life. If we get in a fight, we won't break up. We'll work it out. Because we are married.
11. Office/30 Rock/Parks and Rec/Big Bang Theory+bagel bites+glass of wine. Perfect evening.
12. The same last name. It makes me feel like I'm on a team. And that I'm super awesome at baking stuff.
13. Someone to vent about work to. I like that he knows nothing about what I do. So he can just passively nod and say that I was probably right.
14. You always get the window seat on the plane. Unless, of course, you are the one always giving up the window seat.
15. Black Friday strategy shopping. As in, you go get this, while I get this. Meet me at 0500 in aisle 15. Go time!
16. Traditions. Like pizza on a Friday night and hating Mizzou. It's the little things.
I feel like this list could go on for a long time. But marriage rocks. So far! Enjoy the throwback pics from my dorm room. I love you, my sweet nerd.