Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breakfast Salad

So on my days off, I like to make delicious breakfasts. Maybe because when I work, breakfast is some crappy hospital coffee and a few saltine crackers. This breakfast is awesome and helps you get some good veggies and protein in right out of the gate. I'm not sure when I started my love affair with spinach, but it is amazing. Pretty sure five year old me would not approve.



Breakfast Salad

Half a bag of baby spinach
2 slices bacon, chopped
A couple slices of onion, chopped finely
Sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
1 egg

Tear up the spinach leaves and get them ready on a plate. Fry up the bacon and onion together. Throw them on spinach. In the leftover bacon grease (there won't be much, it was only two slices!), fry up your egg. I like mine over medium. Sprinkle some parm on top of your salad. Place the egg on top. I don't use any salad dressing, because the hot bacon and onion kind of wilt the spinach and the runny egg gives it a little moisture. But I bet a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil would be good. This is super yummy!


Happy Wednesday friends!




(And happy seven year dating anniversary to my love, can you believe we still celebrate the anniversary of that late night phone call? We've come a long way baby!)

2 comments:

  1. i know it's not brand new but i love the gray chevron going on here. and i love seeing snippets of your fabulous life. and mostly i love the playlist on here.. which i will be listening to for the next few hours while i work. thanks, lorri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JG! You are the best. And I miss you! So glad my play list can help your work =)

      Delete