Happy Friday! I hope you caught Justin Bieber on the Today Show this am. It was hilarious/awesome. Other awesome things about today include:
1. This will be our last night in a hotel.
2. We are moving into our apartment tomorrow.
3. This amazing nutella stuffed french toast.
I made it several weeks ago in Tennessee when I was trying to use things up from the pantry/fridge/freezer. It is delicious weekend food. And the weekend is upon us, friends.
Nutella Stuffed French Toast with Mixed Berry Sauce
4 slices bread
Nutella to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
Heaping cup of mixed berries, any combo (I used strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries)
1/4 cup sugar (more to taste)
Just enough water to mix up berries and sugar
Get your french toast on
1. Mix up the berries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan. I used berries that were going bad but you can use any, frozen berries would work too. Bring to a boil and then turn down to medium and simmer.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. I like using a pie plate because the bread can lay flat in it.
3. Spread two slices of bread with nutella. I like it a little thick, but make it as thin or thick as you want. Top each piece with another slice of bread.
4. Heat up your griddle. Soak the bread in the egg mixture. Melt some butter or oil in your hot griddle and throw the bread in!
5. This could be the finished product. A little syrup, a little powdered sugar. Yum.
6. Buuuuut if you want that yummy fruit sauce, make sure it's cooked down so the fruit is broken down and most of the water is gone. Taste it. Add more sugar if you want. Add some cornstarch if it is too thin for you. Strain the fruit out if you don't like chunks. But I do. So I didn't do that. Pour it over your french toast. (So basically cook some fruit however you want and it will go deliciously with your french toast!)
7. Eat it. Be happy. Go to the gym later.
Enjoy the weekend!