Friday, November 12, 2010

Who says you can't go home?

Bon Jovi is on the Today show this morning, hence my title. I love the Today show. I always suggest my patients watch it in the morning. Also, we went home last weekend. For less than 48 hours. But it was still glorious. Who knew Kansas City was so wonderful? I didn't. Until I moved away. Funny how that works.

Anyway, Caleb had to go back for a Kiewit meeting. I tagged along. I was going to take like a million pictures but ended up taking about 10. Go figure. I will share them anyway. Because going home for the first time in three months was great, even if it was for only 48 hours.

We connected in the Atlanta airport, which is a fantastic airport. They have Starbucks and Chick-fil-a in all the right places. Which are just the best, especially when you get there at 7:30 am after your 6am flight.

I'm starting to run out of positive adjectives, I better slow down.

I snapped a couple pics in the plane with my phone...
Good morning! 

Went out to lunch at Mi Ranchito with my bffs. Cream cheese enchiladas and best friends...I miss you!
So cute!

Caleb and I went out for dinner with Mat and his cutie date, Sarah. PF Changs and the Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza. Let's not add up how many calories I consumed that day.
Now that is just adorable.
I highly recommend the red velvet cheesecake.
Yum.
Good morning to 435 from the 18th floor!



While my hub was in his meeting, I went with my parents to visit my grandma. She is turning 90 this month! Crazy. I brought our wedding album to show her. She has Alzheimer's and was very surprised that I was married. But she loved seeing the album. She said my husband is a very good looking guy with large teeth. Well said, Grandma.


I'm not sure why, but I have no pictures of any other family members. Except, of course, George.



Reading the Foot Book with Uncle Caleb.
Note about George's grandparents: I've heard legends about how they are in love with this child. Its really true. They are totally obsessed. They won't even let you hold him. You are like, hey can I hold George for awhile? And they actually tell you no. Or they pretend they didn't hear you and walk away. This is the honest truth. If you want to hold your nephew that will be like twice as big the next time you see him, you have to physically take him out of their arms. Poor kid, so unloved.

The one photo of my cute hubby and I during the trip:
Love this.
Kansas City, we love you! People in Kansas City, we love you more.




Things I'm thankful for today:
1. Amazing family and friends
2. Airplanes
3. The Pioneer Woman and her wonderful recipes, check out her website and her throwdown with Bobby Flay on Food Network next week! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/
4. Weather in the 70s in November!
5. Living in a beautiful place, even if its not home. Check out my view from the hospital earlier this week.
Beautiful sunset. And yes, those are mountains way back there.



Gearing up for a weekend of work. Planning on tackling Grandma's cinnamon rolls next week! Documentation to come! Enjoy the beautiful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. george truly is an unloved child. how sad. haha! it was so good to see you guys...even if it was only for like a minute. see you soon sister!

    ReplyDelete