Monday, February 21, 2011

Snowboards+shooting=bff birthday weekend

Caleb turned the magical age of 23 yesterday! And to celebrate, his bff Mat Lewis came to town. That's right. BFF. Best friend foreva.

We decided to go to North Carolina and do a little snowboarding/skiing on Saturday. It was 60 degrees here in Kingsport. And yes, I realize that makes perfect sense. So we loaded up on some cupcakes, brought our HP on cd, and hit the road.
It's gonna be a good day.

As we worked our way up the mountain, we noted that there was no snow. That's right. No snow. But never fear, there was plenty of fake snow awaiting us on the slopes.
The slopes from afar. With lots of brown trees for fun.

It was like 40-45 degrees out on the mountain, which turns out to be perfection for snowboarding. And we enjoyed ourselves. Even though the boys made me go on a black slope. And I thought I was going to die on the way down. But I didn't. 
Nice.

On Sunday, we went out shooting. Because that is the ultimate birthday if you are guy. Living in Tennessee. I managed to look super awkward holding and shooting guns. Enjoy.
Good thing I have a cute scarf on to distract you.



The guys managed to look super awesome shooting guns. Check it out.
Nice.
Lucky for us (and Mat) his flight got cancelled today so he gets to stay another night! I'm pretty sure Caleb hopes he would stay forever...


One last bff photo...
Love it.

Happy birthday to my hubby! 


I am super stoked to work the next four days. Fast forward to the paycheck. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! looks like you guys had fun. and the interior of your new car is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete