1. I saw a huge, hardback KitchenAid cookbook in a patient's trash can. I asked why it was in there. His mom said because it didn't have any good recipes and she didn't want it. She said I could have it, or else the trash could have it, either one. I took it. It is great. (Disclaimer: it was not an isolation room and there was nothing gross in the trash can.)
2. Another patient I had found out I am from Kansas. He was very excited and said that when he used to drive truck, he would go pick up loads from the tobacco farms in the mountains of Kansas. I laughed. In front of him. I couldn't tell if he was joking or not.
3. Yesterday I picked up an extra shift and it was the best Friday I have ever worked. The patients were angels.
4. Two people told me it looked like I lost weight.
5. We discovered a place to play pool and drink beer within walking distance of our loft. And the burgers are amazing.
6. The farmers' market opened today and it was beautiful. Just beautiful.
7. I bought my first pair of skinny jeans at Target. And they fit. Now that the trend is on the way out, they decide to start making skinny jeans for girls with butts.
8. Cinco de Mayo! Full of Mexican goodness.
I made a fruit pizza. Except I made it in a rectangle shape to look like the Mexico flag.
|Check it out. And its yummy!|
Fruit pizza= a tube of sugar cookie dough baked in a pizza pan or cookie sheet, cream cheese frosting (cream cheese+sugar+vanilla), and whatever fruit you want. In this case, strawberries and kiwis. It is so darn good.
We got together with some of Caleb's friends from work and enjoyed all our favorite Mexican things: margaritas and tacos.
|Also, I wore my new boots. And I love them.|
|I like this. You are welcome.|
|As my husband said, "Muy guapo!"|
Cinco de Mayo was successful. As is this whole weekend since I am NOT working! Enjoy your weekend, Mother's Day, and spring!