Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I love Kansas City

We road tripped it up to Kansas City this past weekend for Caleb's brother, Jordan's high school graduation. It has been four long months since I have been HOME and it was beautiful! We left Thursday night and drove all the way through with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on cd to keep us company and we rocked it all night. We got there at 6am and since no one was up yet we decorated Jordan's car.


The rain washed it off later that day. But it's the thought that counts!
We hung out with my parents for the day and saw their rehab house project. I told them to make a blog about it. They looked at me like I was a little crazy.

Then we crashed around 3pm. That staying up all night eventually gets to you! Then we headed over to Zach and Audrey's to find out if their bun in the oven is a boy or girl. (It's a girl! So excited to buy girl stuff!) But mostly we went to see George. Sorry Zach and Aud, we love your spawn. That boy is like twice as big as he was four months ago (not an exaggeration) and totally knows how to ham it up for the camera. Love him.  And we met Audrey's sister Jami's new peanut, Penelope (and by new I mean, less than one week old!). Not gonna lie, holding babies makes my womb ache a little. Just a tiny tiny itty bitty bit.

Tell me that isn't the cutest face you've ever seen.
Saturday was the graduation extravaganza. Chipotle catering your grad party=genius. I love Chipotle. (But not as much as baby George.) We got to see tons of relatives that we hadn't seen since our wedding and had a blast.

Caleb and Grandma Baker

Caleb and Uncle Mike, who said he wanted a different pic if it was going on my blog.

I think George loved Grandma Baker, they hung out for awhile.

Baker fam.
Caleb and I are really bad influences. 
Haha.

I forgot to take pics of my fam or of my bff because I'm crazy. But I love them and loved seeing them! I finished up the trip by waking up on Monday with awful back pain. I dislike hard mattresses. Very very much. Thanks to some muscle relaxers from my father-in-law, I'm good to go. Because as a nurse, I encourage people to share their prescription meds. (Oh wait...)

We rolled in at 3am, crashed for awhile, and now it's back to real life! I love Kansas City, family, and home.



No comments:

Post a Comment