Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keep calm and carry on

Whew! Finally done with 6 straight days of work. Not going to lie, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mostly because my patients were awesome. Mostly. Also because I got to teach at a skills fair one day instead of taking patients. That was probably the saving grace. So the only thing I have to blog about is work. And my sickness. I got a horrible terrible cold last week that smacked me in the face. It was awful. I am kind of a baby about being sick, probably because I never get sick. I'm pretty sure I haven't gotten sick since nursing school (darn those kids in the PICU that gave me all their germs). Caleb likes to say I have the immune system of a cockroach. Seriously, a whole winter of taking care of people with flu, pneumonia, and other horrid diseases and I was fine. And now the beautiful month of May hits and I'm down. Our apartment was filled with glasses of salt water (for gargling), half drank mugs of tea, and tissues all over the floor. Caleb was not sick at all, which was super funny to him since he is usually the sick one. ("Maybe all those fruits and veggies you eat are giving you diseases...you should try more processed food like me.")
Ha. But he was sweet and took an afternoon off work and bought me a gorgeous stargazer lily that is still blooming a week later.



I also redid the blog while I was sick. And somehow all the awesome changes I made did not get saved. I blame it on the blogger shutdown that happened a few days ago. Seriously blogger??

We had a comfort food potluck on Sunday at work. Meatloaf and carbs. Yum.


And we had a going away party for one of the charge nurses...she wears a name tag holder with the slogan "Keep calm and carry on" on it and always says it to us when we get crazy. So we had this cake made.
And it tasted good.
And this is how the kitchen looked after 6 days of working.
At least I cooked even if I didn't clean!

We are KC bound this afternoon as soon as the hub gets off work! Yay! Its been over 4 months since I've been home and I can't wait! More pics and blog posts ahead...and no more overtime for the next few weeks! I have lots of projects and fun planned. I'm a nerd, I know. But it's nice to be back in the real world instead of the sick world.

Have a wonderful weekend! Hope to see lots of friends and family this weekend!!! So excited!

And whatever is going on in your life...keep calm and carry on. It really will be ok.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like my house when Chris has been gone all week and I save all the housecleaning for the night before he gets home! :)

    ReplyDelete